You’ve learned about the Firework Business Portal, how to integrate your store to your Firework channel, and how to utilize your products with your videos to improve your sales.
Now, it's time to set up a Livestream Event.
- In the Firework Business Portal, navigate down to Livestream Events. Click Create Livestream Event.
- In the Create a Livestream detail page, select whether you are setting up a test Livestream or actual Livestream Event. It's recommended that you run a test Livestream Event if you've never conducted a livestream.
- Enter the title for your Livestream in the Event title field.
- Select the Date and Time that you want to schedule your livestream event for.
- You must schedule the Livestream for a future time. You're able to select a time for your Livestream event in increments of five minutes. You will be able to go live within five minutes of the scheduled start time for your event.
- Enter the Primary URL for the livestream. This is the page on which you'll be embedding the Livestream Event.
- If you have other websites that add this stream to their channel, this URL will direct any users who click on the poster to the included URL. This ensures that your analytics will be consolidated, and any products will be purchased from your store.
- Under Hashtags, enter the hashtags that you want to attach to your video. Remember, hashtags are meta tags that are added to videos to group them into campaigns, topics, or reports.
- Under Poster, you can upload a customized photo -- in 9x16 vertical format -- that will be the thumbnail for your Livestream Event video. Otherwise, Firework has a default poster that will appear as your thumbnail.
- Under Custom Blocklist, you can enter words or phrases that you want to be blocked from appearing in the chat during the streaming of your live event.
- Consider entering variations of the words you wish to block, so they cannot be easily circumvented.
- Under Event display settings, toggle on/off for what you want your viewers to be able to see.
- Viewers count: This is an aggregate count of total viewers during the Livestream Event.
- Chat during Livestream: Choose whether to allow viewers to see the chat during the Livestream Event. If you toggle this off, the chat will be completely removed from the stream.
- Chat during Replay: Choose whether to allow viewers to see the chat as it occurred during the Livestream Event in the Livestream Replay.
- Allow Replay of Livestream once it has ended: Creates a Replay of your live event where you may allow users to rewatch the Livestream.
- Toggle on Chat Moderation to require approval of every comment in the chat. The moderator can decide what comments will appear.
- Toggle on Use external media input instead of the Firework Camera App if you intend to film your Livestream using a third-party application/equipment.
- To upload a trailer for your Livestream Event, click the cloud icon in the Event trailer box on the right side of the page.
- The video should be a 9x16 vertical video.
- The video should be a 9x16 vertical video.
- Click Video Overlays on the event trailer to add a CTA or product card to your livestream trailer.
- CTA: The CTA, or Call to Action, is a button that requests users click it. By entering a link in the RSVP field, users will be able to click it and RSVP to the livestream event.
- Product Card: If you have a store linked to your Firework account, you can include the product information here in the Livestream Event trailer (see Import Products from Your OMS to Your Firework Account). Select your store in the Store drop-down menu, select the product(s) you want to add by clicking the checkbox next to the product(s), and click Add.
- Once you've completed all of the fields, click Create. Once the Livestream Event has ended, this will be recorded and a Replay will be created for you to use.
Now you are ready to move onto the next steps where we will discuss Preparing for Your Livestream Event in the Business Portal.
You can edit a livestream event, including adding products and interactions, within the Business Portal up until the time you go live. (You can only add a simulcast up to five minutes before the start of the Livestream Event.)
Once your Livestream is created, you can add it to any relevant playlists in your Channel. Selecting the video from any playlists or from your channel overview will open the Livestream Overview page.
Missed your scheduled time to go live? You can go live for a livestream that you've set up up to 4.5 hours after the scheduled time.
If you don't go live within 4.5 hours after your scheduled livestream, then the event will automatically expire.